About Biomaterials and Tissue Engineering Bulletin
Biomaterials and Tissue Engineering Bulletin is an academic interdisciplinary open access journal which provides the opportunity to explore the science of biomaterials and tissue engineering and all the interfacing fields.
Our aim is to publish exciting and original full research papers and review papers with respect to the latest and most advanced studies in the field of biomaterials and tissue engineering. Original papers concerning the development and characterization of biomaterials and their potential applications in biomedical research, with emphasis on the tissue engineering studies, are encouraged. The submitted papers should bring a significant contribution in terms of understanding, development and application of modern principles in present-day health-care practice.
Main research areas include (but are not limited to):
- Synthesis, characterization and biomedical potential of metallic, ceramic, polymeric, composites and hybrid biomaterials
- Physical, chemical, biological, pharmaceutical and toxicological features of biomaterials
- Studies regarding the interactions between biomaterials and biological systems
- Design biomaterials for modern diagnosis and therapeutic clinical practice (bioimaging, biosensing, biotherapy)
- Drug delivery, protein delivery, gene delivery, prodrugs, molecular biopharmaceutics
- Scaffold design, development, and refinement for hard and soft tissue engineering
- Personalized treatment for different types of pathological conditions in the evolutionary context of modern medicine
- Advanced and innovative trends in health-care practice
- All aspects of tissue engineering
- Organ fabrication, tissue printing, cell seeded matrices
- Clinical outcomes of engineered tissue implantation
- Cell-based therapies
Copyright / Open Access
All articles published by Biomaterials and Tissue Engineering Bulletin are made freely and permanently accessible online immediately upon publication, without subscription charges or registration barriers.
Articles published in Biomaterials and Tissue Engineering Bulletin will be Open-Access articles distributed under the terms and conditions of the Creative Commons Attribution License (CC BY). Authors of articles published in Biomaterials and Tissue Engineering Bulletin are the copyright holders of their articles and have granted to any third party, in advance and in perpetuity, the right to use, reproduce or disseminate the article, according to the followings. The following note will be inserted at the end of the published text:
© 2019 by the authors; licensee AMG Transcend, Bucharest, Romania. This article is an open access article distributed under the terms and conditions of the Creative Commons Attribution license (http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/4.0/).
In submitting an article to Biomaterials and Tissue Engineering Bulletin I certify that:
1. I am authorized by my co-authors to enter into these arrangements.
2. I warrant, on behalf of myself and my co-authors, that:
- the article is original, has not been formally published in any other peer-reviewed journal, is not under consideration by any other journal and does not infringe any existing copyright or any other third party rights;
- I am/we are the sole author(s) of the article and have full authority to enter into this agreement and in granting rights to BioMed Central are not in breach of any other obligation.
- the article contains nothing that is unlawful, libellous, or which would, if published, constitute a breach of contract or of confidence or of commitment given to secrecy;
- I/we have taken due care to ensure the integrity of the article. To my/our – and currently accepted scientific – knowledge all statements contained in it purporting to be facts are true and any formula or instruction contained in the article will not, if followed accurately, cause any injury, illness or damage to the user.
3. I, and all authors, agree that the article, if editorially accepted for publication, shall be licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution License 4.0.
The Creative Commons Attribution License 4.0 provides the following summary (where ‘you’ equals ‘the user’)
You are free to:
- Share—copy and redistribute the material in any medium or format
- Adapt—remix, transform, and build upon the material for any purpose, even commercially. The licensor cannot revoke these freedoms as long as you follow the license terms.
Under the following terms:
- Attribution—You must give appropriate credit, provide a link to the license, and indicate if changes were made. You may do so in any reasonable manner, but not in any way that suggests the licensor endorses you or your use.
- No additional restrictions—You may not apply legal terms or technological measures that legally restrict others from doing anything the license permits.
- You do not have to comply with the license for elements of the material in the public domain or where your use is permitted by an applicable exception or limitation.
- No warranties are given. The license may not give you all of the permissions necessary for your intended use. For example, other rights such as publicity, privacy, or moral rights may limit how you use the material.